Are you interested in applying for the post?
The ISPA Executive Secretary Davy Blekman has informed the Executive Committee of his intention to resign from the post on June 30th 2022. As Director of ZonderZorg, Davy managed the Central Office (CO) at the office of ZonderZorg, Leidseplein, Amsterdam, for almost 10 years. He was supported by ZonderZorg employees, who worked part-time for ISPA as Assistant to the Executive Secretary.
The Executive Committee has appointed a CO Transition Committee to identify candidates (individual or as representatives of organizations) who are interested in taking up the position of Executive Secretary. The members of the committee are, Véronique Le Mezec, ISPA President-Elect, Odeth Bloemberg, ISPA Secretary, Michael Sheehan, ISPA Treasurer, Bill Pfohl, Past President, and Jürg Forster, Past President.
Most consider that a professional organization running the Central Office has proved beneficial for ISPA and it may be a useful model for the future. If a professional organization is chosen, they will be required to nominate the person who will act as Executive Secretary. The post of the Executive Secretary is a paid position. Applicants are requested to state their expected level of remuneration.
The process for choosing the new Executive Secretary will be as follows:
- Written applications are to be submitted by Saturday May 14, 2022.
- The CO Transition Committee will review applications and, where appropriate, seek clarification from applicants.
- It is expected that a formal interview with a shortlist of applicants will take place in May 2022.
- The Committee will make its recommendations to the EC. A final decision will be made early in June.
- There will be a transition period from June 15th -July 15th
The new CO will be formally established in July 2022.
The Executive Secretary reports to the Executive Committee and is responsible for all aspects of management of the Association including:
- Maintaining contact with members through publications, travel, correspondence, and other forms of communication including the ISPA website;
- Management of the Association’s daily business operations and the administration of the budget through its bank accounts;
- Maintenance of the membership data base;
- Solicitation of membership dues for individuals and affiliates;
- Supporting the Local Organizing Committee in the management of the annual conference;
- Supporting chairpersons of the Standing Committees, Task forces, and Interest Groups.
Additional details on CO management and responsibilities are available upon request.
The Executive Committee can appoint an Assistant Executive Secretary, whose task will be to help the Executive Secretary in the execution of his/her duties.
- Commitment to ISPA’s mission;
- Provision of a physical location for the CO of ISPA;
- Fluency in English both oral and written;
- High level of competence in using information technology, website management, and digital membership processing;
- Proficiency in budgeting and accounting;
- The workload will involve an estimated 10 hours per week on average.
Applications should be forwarded to Odeth Bloemberg, ISPA Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org